Starting July 17th, the customers of Singapore's StarHub will have the possibility to acquire the new Galaxy Beam Smart Projector Phone from Samsung. It is worth mentioning that the device includes a built-in Texas Instruments DLP PICO Projector that will allow you to project pictures and videos onto any flat surface. In addition, the unit boasts a myriad of features, including Offline and No SIM modes, Hand Writing Recognition (English and Simplified Chinese), RSS Reader and Mobile Widgets. It would be interesting to note that the Texas Instruments Pico Projector can project a screen the size of which can vary from 5 inches to 50 inches. Samsung's Galaxy Beam Smart Projector Phone will run Android platform (V2.1) and will include such applications as the StarHub Mobile TV. Besides, the device will feature an augmented reality browser, called Layar. Using this browser, the user will have the possibility to search for certain restaurants and bars, get information on places in the area where bands are playing and more.
- 3.7 inch WVGA AMOLED display;
- 8.0Mpx camera with auto focus and flash;
- Video formats supported: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX, Xvid;
- Audio formats supported: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA;
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Mobile AP (wireless internet tethering), TV out, GPS;
- Battery type: 1800 mAh battery, 7 hours (3G) talk time and 530 hours (3G) standby time.
Currently the device is available in Singapore and there is no information on when it is going to be available in the rest of the world.